What are the natural ways you can give yourself a healthy skin? Looking young and healthy isn’t rocket science. In fact, the secret is usually in taking proper care. We aren’t talking about intensive care; It will interest you to know that you can still achieve healthy and younger-looking skin by following the basics.
A good skin care routine and a healthy living can provide you with a natural glow and can also help to slow down the aging process and help to get rid of various skin diseases.
We employ you to follow these essential and highly useful tips.
1. Avoid Sun Exposure
One of the best ways you can provide healthy and problem-free skin for yourself is to avoid exposure to the sun. When you consistently expose yourself to sunlight, it can cause aging, the buildup of wrinkles spots, and other skin related problems. It can also increase the risk of skin cancer.
If you find it difficult to avoid sun exposure, then you should follow this few protection tips:
- Use a sunscreen: when exposed to sun, its best to use a sunscreen. Find yourself a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a minimum of 15 SPF (sun protection factor). Apply the sunscreen repeatedly for every 2 hours. This will help safeguard your skin from the damages the sun brings to the surface.
- Wear sunglasses often. The sun is strongest between 10:30 a.m. and 4:00 p:m so if you can’t avoid it by this time, it’s best to use a sunglass to help reduce the damages.
- Wear suitable protective clothes: Clothes that cover most areas of the skin will help to block out UV rays from harming your skin. Make sure to wear clothes that are tightly woven, like long-sleeves and pants, and long dresses too. Also, try out laundry added ingredients because they provide clothing with extra layers of UV protection.
The link below has more tips on UV protection, so you may want to check it out also.
2. Take Gentle Care of your Skin
Bathing, cleaning, and shaving regularly can lead to a substantial effect on the surface. To treat it mildly, we must:
- Make bath time short: Regular use of hot water and extremely long showers can remove natural oils from the skin. It is crucial that you make bath time quick and instead of hot water, opt for warmer liquids. This will help cleanse the body and also maintain the natural oil in the skin.
- Do not use strong soaps: It is best to stick with mild cleansers instead of strong solvents. Strong soaps like most bar soaps out there can strip the natural oil from your skin hence leaving it dry and unprotected. According to Remedy Review, CBD bath bombs contain essential oils, and so they’re the perfect choice for anyone looking to take care of their skin. If you want to know more about the benefits of CBD oil, there is a wealth of information online.
- Pat skin gently: After cleansing or bathing, gently pat your skin dry with a towel so that to maintain the natural oil in the skin.
- Moisturize your skin: moisturizers help to provide natural oil to your dry skin. So, if your skin is dry, use a moisturizer to help bring out the glow in your skin. Note that your moisturizers should fit your skin type.
3. Maintain a Healthy Diet
Maintaining a healthy diet is key to looking younger and more youthful. It is best to add vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins to your diet.
Experts have found out that a food that is rich in vegetables, fish oils or fish oil supplements, fruits, and also low in fats and excess carbohydrates helps in promoting younger and healthier-looking skin. Even drinking lots of water helps in keeping your skin hydrated. You can check here for a list of foods that are great for the skin.
4. Avoid Smoking
Smoking makes the skin age quicker. Regular smoking causes wrinkles, skin sagging, and causes skin related problems. It shrinks the minuscule blood vessels in the skin layers, which reduces the blood flow and, as a result, makes skin pale.
Smoking saps the oxygen and nutrients in the skin, which are needed for glow, and are essential for healthy skin.
Studies have shown that the facial gesture you make when smoking, for example, squinting your eyes to avoid smoke and constant sucking when inhaling, can contribute to wrinkles and early aging. We advise you to steer clear of smoking if you want healthy and younger skin.
5. Exercise More Often
Researchers believe that regular exercise helps to slow the aging process by almost ten years. Regular exercising helps to increase the flow of blood and also provides better channeling for nutrients and oxygen to active cells in the body. It helps to promote a healthy glow and a more youthful skin.