There are many household items that have been flagged as potentially dangerous to use. You may have some of them in your household right now and you may not be aware of the potential dangers surrounding these items.
While it is impossible to stay 100 percent safe there are a few things you can do to ensure that you protect yourself on your family, here is a look at what you need to know.
When first introduced non-stick cookware seemed like the perfect solution for cooks everywhere as you would no longer have to soak your pots overnight when food got stuck to them. It can be quite annoying to have to remove food and time-consuming to scrub pots and pans clean.
Non-stick pots and pans seem to be the perfect solution. However, what you may not know is that these pots and pans have been said to emit harmful vapors that can endanger your health.
Getting rid of foul orders from your bathroom or other places in your home may be easier when you use an air freshener. However, air fresheners have been found to contain harmful toxins.
It goes without saying that anything that contains harmful toxins should not be used too often even if they make the air smell better. It is better to wait out foul orders that occur in the bathroom or use other methods to make the room smell fresh.
There’s no doubt about the fact that furniture polish gives furniture that nice glossy look. However, it often comes at a price.
Furniture polish and furniture stain contains chemicals that are harmful and flammable. If absorbed in the skin the chemicals may cause skin cancer. It is always best to try to find non-toxic options to polish your furniture and make them glow.
Toilet Bowl Cleaners
There are some toilet bowl cleaners that are tougher on stains than others. The tougher the toilet bowl cleaner is on the stain the more dangerous and toxic it is. Never mix these toilet bowl cleaners with anything else.
If you do these toxic vapors can burn your eyes and may damage the skin if it comes into contact with it.
Oven cleaners can contain toxic chemicals. The alkalis that are used in them can be extremely corrosive. Try not to inhale or accidentally ingest oven cleaner.
It has been known to cause respiratory system failures and problems in the gastrointestinal tract.
Extension cords seem like the perfect solution when you want to plug in multiple appliances and do not have enough plugs in your wall to do so.
Just because an extension courses cord can accommodate up to five different appliances at a time this doesn’t mean that you should plug in all of them at once. Extension cords are one of the leading causes of fires in homes.
Often people run them on their carpets, behind furniture, and even on doors not knowing that they are a fire hazard.
There are some ceilings in homes that are considered dangerous depending on when your home was built. Many older homes were built with asbestos in the materials.
Inhaling asbestos can lead to a dangerous disease called mesothelioma. Many people are now suing companies for making them sick. If you ever find yourself in this situation you will need the right mesothelioma attorneys for your case, so that you can get compensation to pay your medical bills.
As you can see there are several toxins that may currently be in your home that you may not have been aware of. Now that you are aware of them the best thing you can do is to find non-toxic options for replacing anything that has the potential to be toxic or dangerous in your home.
Keeping your family safe is important and unfortunately, many of the things that are used to clean your home are the very things that can cause you to become ill.
One of the best things you can do before you buy anything to use in your home or even to cook your food is to read the labels and do research. This will help you to find out the dangers associated with the product, this doesn’t always keep you completely safe but it is a great start to ensuring your safety and your family’s safety as well.