As much as people love their laundry rooms, many things can make them a downfall. In the current time, you need to keep an eye out for stuff that will make your laundry room look fresh and modern. This starts with de-cluttering your laundry room and throwing away things you don’t need anymore. Once you get rid of all the unnecessary stuff, you can start focusing on how you will give more life to it.
There are some must-haves that you need in your laundry room to give it a modern look while knowing that these things will serve their purpose in the future. Take a look at what you need to create your dream laundry room.
Must-haves for laundry rooms:
- Laundry baskets: Sorting out the dirty laundry and separating the fresh laundry can be a big task. For this reason, you need to have several laundry baskets in your laundry room to make better use of these baskets. Being organized and keeping the laundry room clean will help you get a long way. Laundry baskets come in all shapes and sizes and can be chosen according to your needs and liking. Many people want them to go with the theme of the room.
- Wool dryer balls: The best thing to do is store everything related to your laundry in airtight jars. Although wool dryer balls come with their own sustainable and reusable bag, they also need to be stored safely because if you lose them, your fresh laundry won’t feel the same anymore. These balls cut the drying time to one-third, making the sheets wrinkle-free.
- Drying racks: All things like towels and rugs need a unique space in the laundry room. That’s why investing in drying racks is the best thing you will do for yourself. Drying racks work fine for delicate clothing along with undergarments as well.
- Hamper: Having a hamper in your laundry room will help you get rid of dirty kitchen towels that will be easier to sort out at the end of the day. Instead of throwing these small things on the floor, you can use a hamper to keep things sorted out.
- Trash can: A trash can is important in every room of the house, so don’t forget to keep one in your laundry room to eliminate all the lint you might be seeing.
- Iron and ironing board: Ironing is one of the most hectic tasks out of all the household tasks. Why don’t you think of setting your station in your laundry room? The clothes you need to hang can be done from there, and those that need to be put away can also be done quickly. Rather than carrying laundry all around the house and keeping it in your cupboard, keep an ironing board and iron inside your laundry room.
Apart from all these things, if you still feel like there are some essentials like a steamer that you need to keep in your laundry room, feel free to keep it there. When you are done making changes to it, see how your life becomes more accessible and transforms.