Gone are the days when interior designing was only about furniture and home fixtures. With the modern age and advanced technology comes creativity and, of course, variety. Today, interior designers sing the glory of cabinets in every home.
Almost every home has different cabinets to store daily things. Be it the kitchen, bathroom, or your living room, the cabinets are everywhere. Did you know that an average person spends about 1/45th of his life opening and closing the cabinets? That’s a LOT of time!
But what if those cabinets can be used to enhance the beauty of your home’s interior decor? Imagine this! You built a beautiful home with modern technology, furniture, and the latest fixtures but failed to think about the cabinets. It might result in a lot of inconveniences.
It’s no surprise that the cabinet does play an essential role in decorating or remodeling your home. Wouldn’t you want to impress your visitors with mind-blowing cabinet designs in your kitchen, bathroom, and backyard?
So, what’s the solution?
If you are considering refurbishing your home, these cabinet ideas can help you make an informed yet creative decision. Keep scrolling for more information.
- Kitchen cabinets
Believe it or not, but no kitchen is complete without cabinets. You need to store utensils, food, spices, and other essentials. Obviously, you can’t just randomly place them in your kitchen. You need proper cabinets to keep your kitchen clean and make it look pretty. As discussed before, cabinets are the lifeline of your home, depending upon whether you have enough of them and how organized they are.
But what type of cabinets is best for your kitchen? Here are some examples:
- You can go for Sky-High Cabinets in which you can sneak some extra stuff into your kitchen. These cabinets are specially designed to install the rail around the room.
- In fact, display cabinets with metal grate front instead of traditional glass enclosures are also a huge sensation amongst interior designers. These cabinets were designed with a practical approach to getting a peek inside the cabinet. So, you don’t have to worry about keeping it organized all the time.
- Last but not least, double-duty cabinets are also in trend these days. You can use them to hide your dishwasher by installing them in front of them. Woah! That was a creative use of space!
But hang on! Don’t forget to consider the color scheme of your cabinets!
Even if you go for a darker or lighter color palette, your kitchen has to look bright and calming with relaxing tones. Options like white paint with a tint of slate stain give a bold look to your kitchen cabinets.
The hardest decision you’ll ever make is to choose between sleek and frameless construction, personalized designs, or simple straight lines.
With everything sounding so pretty, choosing the right cabinet to match your kitchen’s personality is like Sophie’s choice. But don’t worry, you’ll come through!
- Outdoor Cabinets
Does your backyard have enough cabinets to offer adequate storage space for your exterior living? If not, then it’s high time to incorporate them into your interior design.
Outdoor cabinets add functionality to your backyard, allowing you to use most of the space at your home. The modern era requires modern designs. You can now choose different cabinet styles that offer a revolution in styles and give a beautiful finish to your outdoor space.
But what should you keep in mind before you go shopping for outdoor furniture?
- First of all, the professionals at Ashomeinteriors.com advise that you need to choose the right raw material for your cabinet very carefully because, of course, it has to be weather resistant. Look for durable and reliable material to not have to spend on the repairs again and again.
- You need to take into consideration the type of outdoor cabinets because it tends to get dirty despite your cleanliness. Dust from the nearby roads, pollutants, and grass clippings can easily rest on the countertops. Make sure that you opt for enclosed cabinets so that your stuff inside the cabinet is perfectly fine. This also means that you should go for doors that seal well for extra protection.
Now, you won’t have to worry about storing your baseball bats and shoes because everything has its place.
- Bathroom Cabinets
Are you one of those who like their bathroom stuffed with all the essentials? I know I do? But where are you planning to stuff those soaps and shampoos of yours? You need a proper place for everything. Right?
Many homeowners have different plans for the interior design of their bathroom, and cabinets rank top on the list. Bathroom cabinets are available in all shapes and sizes, and with a variety of styles and material choices available, choosing the right bathroom cabinet can definitely be a daunting task.
When it comes to choosing knobs for the cabinets, people go for a satin nickel or oil rubbed bronze ones to give their cabinets an elegant finish. You can also add some drama to the cabinets by opting for bulky knobs. But when it comes to choosing different door styles, soft or closed hinges allow you to cater to your need for modern interior design.
Here are some points to take care of before you go shopping for bathroom cabinets.
- The material of the cabinet must be able to sustain the temperature and climate of your bathroom.
- Take care of the storage space. At the end of the bathroom cabinets are just cabinets. It has to serve its purpose well. Each cabinet should have enough shelves and space to cater to your storage needs.
In the end,
Cabinets are indeed the best friend of your home. Without them, your home would turn upside down. Thankfully modern design lets you choose from various cabinet options to help you combine them with your home’s personality.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a hard look at contemporary cabinet designs and choose what suits your home the best! And upgrade your home decor instantly.