What a weird year it’s been! We’ve all been in the same boat waiting for this pandemic to pass us by and we’ve all had to cancel vacations and trips this year. You can have the very best of intentions this year, but there’s something sad about so many cancelled adventures! That doesn’t stop you from daydreaming about the trips you can take next year, or the year after, or the year after that!
You don’t have to keep daydreaming about trips to take. You can take action and start saving for those moments you want to enjoy far away from the house once the pandemic has ended and life returns to some semblance of normal. You can use websites like Pigly.Com to help you to straighten out your finances and know that you have the cash to make your vacation one to remember. The time for daydreaming is now, but saving your cash is a must to make sure that once life returns to normal and travel bans are lifted, you can book your vacation! So, here are some of the best tips that you needed to save your money!
- Get A Side Job. We know, it’s not the easiest solution to your vacation fund when you may not have much time for your actual job, never mind a second one. However, it’s something you can do to fill those spare hours. A second job can make up your whole vacation fund and you can save the whole wage you get from your second job to go toward the booking. You can choose to sell a hobby of yours, or you can join a freelancing service and work from home as a virtual assistant. There are so many options for working a second job, and if you really want that vacation, it’s going to be easy to achieve with extra income.
- Open A Second Account. It’s so easy to dip into savings if you can see your savings account online. So, open a second account and set up a direct debit for your cash to go into that account each month. This way, you won’t be able to notice the money going each payday, and you will be able to save your cash without worrying. You can also automate your money so that you don’t notice the payment leaving your bank each payday, which will help!
- Sift Your Pennies. Every week, look at your bank account. All of the money that is over a basic 10 should be siphoned off to savings. For example: if you have $19.58 in your account, sift $4.58 to savings. It will leave you with an even $15 and you will soon see those odd amounts build up in your savings account. You’ll be surprised with how much you can save this way, and it’ll go a long way toward your vacation, too!
- Stop Eating Out. We know, eating out is amazing, but if you want to save some cash, move that money into your savings account and cook at home. You can budget $50 a month for eating out, which means you could save $600 extra in a year to go toward your vacation budget. Cooking allows you to save a lot of money, too, as you’ll be spending on ingredients and not on a service. As nice as it is to have the experience of eating out, you really don’t need to when you are trying to make your money work for you.
- Use Credit Cards. But not for debt! Look at your credit cards that you have right now – are there any collected air miles? There are a lot of ways that you can max out your air miles, but you can add to those and use them toward the cost of your flights on your next vacation. Sure, you may be waiting a while, but you can build it up while you wait to book. Airmiles can shave off a lot of cash from your vacation, and you can build them up with surveys online, loading offers, transferring balances and only using the cards that offer miles.
- Sell The Things You Don’t Need. All of that clutter building up, the clothes you’ve owned for years and haven’t worn for months – they can go! Get everything listed on Facebook Marketplace and eBay and start enjoying your money coming in because of it. You can save for your vacation with every penny earned from what you sell!
The last resort? Budget hard and make sure that you pay off your vacation in stages with a company that accepts monthly payments!